“Liong The Drangon Dance”, a tile matching game, is created after the following story. The story tells that, once upon the time the Chinese Emperor had a dream about a mystic dragon-like creature, Liong, who gave power and good fortune to the Emperor. Thenceforth, the people of his realm lives in wealth and prosperity. The magical masks representing the mystic creature were strictly guarded by the Emperor’s faithful servants. One morning, in a stupor of dismay, the servants detected that the magical masks had disappeared.
Now, you have to save the empire, by stopping the thieves who are in a liong costume. So, don’t you have the liong get out of the gate.
So, “how do I do that?” you might be wondering right now. Let’s take a look at the game. The game itself is like two games in one. The sections are the following:
- Mahjong: in this version you’ll be helping to restore peace to the Empire, as commented above.
- Puzzle: this is the same but with a little twist. Now, instead of picking matching tiles on the board. You have to pick tiles from the board which match with tiles on the Liong.
The objective of the game is to find matching tiles on the board, which have to be on top in order to be electable. Each time you find a couple of matching tiles you have to point it out by clicking on it, and the tiles will disappear from the board. Depending on the type of tile forming the match, the points you will get. Once every tile on the board is matched, the game is over and you win. If there’s a moment when you can’t find a match you can ask for a little help. The Liong is moving forward all the time, so if you take too long and the Liong gets the gate the game is over and you lose.
When you first enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Puzzle: to start playing this mode of the game.
- Mahjong: to start playing this mode of the game.
- Exit: to close the application.
- Menu: to access the main menu with the following options:
- My Awards: to see your achievements in the game.
- Game settings: to select some game options, like the type of tiles to use, level of difficulty, and so.
- Instructions: it leads you to a brief help.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options, like sound volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Quit game: no further explanation required.
When you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Menu button to access to the main menu commented before.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Processor speed: 800 Mhz Intel Pentium
- RAM: 256 MB
- Hard drive space:27 MB
- Graphics Card: Any (minimum resolution: 800x600 32k colors)
- Sound Card: Any
- DirectX version: version 7.0